Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ridgeside Brewery Launch *This Weekend*


New Leeds brewery Ridgeside will be unveiling their first brew on Sunday in Wakefield. The launch will take place at O'Donoghues (owned by Great Heck Brewery) and the beer will start flowing at 12.00 noon, supported by a presentation and a buffet (what's a beer launch without a buffet, eh?).

Head honcho Simon Bolderson told me that Ridgeside Beast (4.7%abv) will be ready to taste, and describes it as a 'Deep red, old English Ale'. Sounds lovely. Simon's story is a now-sounding-familiar one: experienced homebrewer taking the plunge after his job circumstances changed. Simon is committed, and clearly enthusiastic about beer, and that in itself deserves a pat on the back.

Unfortunately, I can't make it - but I think you all should, and tell me how it went. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer to get my grubby paws on a pint from Leeds' newest brewer.

No comments: